Here we are a week after our last gathering and I have to say it was a cock-knocker of a night (Tim E. please confirm proper usage of cock-knocker, can it be used positively, I mean it positively).
Feb 11 marked the 2nd week in our newest lather round and featured Tim Errickson’s lovely play Warm Roses and special guest Leta Tremblay, yep THE Leta Tremblay. Hot night.
This week we learned many things:
1) Epiphany #1: The secret to life’s happiness is becoming a pharmacist. Too bad none of us went to pharmaceutical school. (I do have two in my family so maybe they’ll have some happiness to share.)
2) According to playwright Mariah MacCarthy plays are allowed to be cockteases, they don’t owe you a damned thing. So just keep that in mind and you might be almost as happy as a pharmacist.
3) We all know that Lather, Rinse, Repeat is full of talented playwrights but for the record we are also all ruggedly handsome and last week Isaac Rathbone was voted most rugged. Congratulations Isaac your certificate is in the mail!
4) Thanks to Tim’s play and Brandon we all know a lot more about probate. Don’t leave your family homes in purgatory folks.
5) According to 30 year olds, 40 is the new 30.
6) We may have established this last week but Local 138 is a great place to read plays and enjoy a sweet happy hour. Let’s hear it for the bars!
A Moment to Remember:
The moment you’re waiting for an uptown F train just so you can catch a train to Brooklyn and you make eye contact with a tiny black rat drinking track water three feet beneath you. #preciousmomentsindeed
Tonight Lather, Rinse, Repeat meets once again as it’s Mr. Rathbone’s turn to unveil his new work, we’ll have yet another special guest and of course hold our weekly walk-off for the title of most rugged. Keep an eye out for next week’s Weekly Round-Up for all of the juicy details.