It’s the return of the weekly round-up and what a fabulous return it shall be. Tuesday, October 6, Gina Femia brought us Annie and the Fat Man, a charming and engaging new play featuring a fabulous array of wonderful, layered characters. Gina also packed in a amazing group of actors last night, Maki Borden, Stacey Raymond, Kyle Carter, and Erin Chung , keep your eyes peeled for anything remotely connected to these fabulous actors as there will be no regrets.
Things to know from Tuesday!
- We welcomed back a few LRR playwrights who had been inactive in previous cycles, Tim Errickson and Mila Golubov we missed your voices in the room, so glad to have you back! Reunited and it feels soo good.
- As a collective we feel that Kyle Carter would triumph in a one-man show where he portrays all three sisters in Chekhov‘s Three Sisters. (This will be news to Kyle)
- When our playwright powers combine it only takes us about two tries to notice a room has been redecorated.
- Gina Femia can write some killer stage directions, poetic even.
- No matter how small a balcony is, it’s still a balcony, and presumably outside, so we’ll take it okay, we’ll take it, even if it the only view is of the building right next door.
That’s about it, we came, we drank, we heard a great play, met some new actor types, and went off into the night dreaming of next Tuesday when Isaac Rathbone brings in a new play for us to digest.