We started another “Lather” round on Tuesday, February 4. Natalie Wilson presenter her newest full length play, The Inkeeper (L’Aubergiste) and it was a blast.
Here are some observations from the week:
1. #gueststar – One of our lovely members, Lauren Ferebee, was awarded an amazing opportunity to be a artist in residence at Hub-Bub in South Carolina. We already miss her like crazy. But to keep the bed warm (as they say) we came up with a “guest star” spot. Each week we invite an artist we respect and admire to join the group and help provide feedback. Our first guest star, Sergei Burbank, was a total delight. Please check him out at boisterour-eremite.com
2. #whysocold – Seriously. What the hell is going on? This winter is unreasonable.
3. #aplacetohangyourhat – All of the members of Lather, Rinse, Repeat rejoiced once we found our new artistic home, Local 138! Each week we get to meet in a cozy back room of a bar with a $3 drink happy hour and a rockin’ fish sandwich & fries next door. It’s an unhealthy heaven, the type of heaven we could all get used to.
4. #aboyhousewouldmakefartnoises – Natalie wrote the most charming, mystical play about a house with a mind of its own. No one wants to give away the story, but there was a heated debate about the gender, temperament,and ulterior motives of said house. The play also aroused our curiosity regarding ogres, gypsies and whether or not people in small towns have passports. You had to be there. But if this play will only get better from here… trust me, you will see it soon enough.
6. #photos – We decided as a group that we really needed to take photos of each reading. So luckily Tim Errickson followed through. Also, the image at the top is the ACTUAL house that inspired this great play. You can see Natalie and her trusty iPad in the foreground. Ah, the romance of France.
Until next week… keep up the good work!